“The Great War” Remembered
The granddaughter of the Michels family has held onto her grandfather’s narrative to honor those that served in WWI and now she wants to preserve it for generations to come. It needed a new cover in the same bright red and we added the overlay design from the center of the original cover. We also felt that sewing the pages would be important to insure a longer lasting book.
Andersen’s Fairy Tales
A young girl’s well loved collection of fairy tales missing a spine with pages falling out presented quite a challenge. There was also the issue of how to keep the original personal print of the child’s name inside the cover and the lovely illustrated endsheets. We made a new matching spine of royal blue faux leather to compliment the front cover of royal blue with orange lettering, resewed the pages and reproduced the endsheets with personalization left intact.
A gentleman wanted to repair these two atlases so he could enjoy the beautiful maps inside without fear of damaging them. We maintained every single interior page and the front and back covers. We created new cowhide leather spines and corners to match the originals. The page binding was strengthened to ensure no further damage happened to the maps inside.
Polley Family Book
We helped preserve this family treasure so it could be passed on to future generations. We re-sewed the pages and created a new red faux leather cover. We were able to keep the original spine and front cover panel and overlay onto the new cover.
A mother wanted to pass on her favorite book as a child to another family member who was having a baby. The pages were re-sewn to ensure they could be handled by another generation. The tape "repair" that had been done was removed and a new buckram spine was created. The edges of the cover were also repaired so they wouldn't continue to deteriorate.
Another favorite children's book that was repaired so it could be passed on to their children. The sewing of the pages was still holding but loose, so we strengthened it and added new crash and backing to keep the pages tight and secure. A new linen spine was created. The inside illustrations were photocopied and overlaid on the new endsheets.
A gentleman wanted his genealogy repaired so he could continue to enjoy it and pass it on to his family. The binding was repaired to keep the pages tight. A new buckram cover was created and we tried to match the original stamping on the cover and spine as close as possible.
The tape "repair" was able to be removed from the spine. We created a new buckram spine and overlaid the original spine on top.
A gentleman wanted these books repaired so he could give them to his daughter but he was on a budget. On this book we were able to create a new faux leather spine and repaired the edges original leather cover to prevent further deterioration. Leather conditioner was added to add some life to the dried out leather.
With this book we created a new faux leather spine, overlaid the original spine, and again repaired the edges of the cover.
The beautiful stamping on the original cover needed to be preserved. So we kept as much of the original cover as we could and created a new cowhide leather spine and back cover. We created new raised ribs on the spine and overlaid as much of the original stamping on the spine as we were able to. The pages were also sewn so the book could be used again.